Criminal Lawyer Cornwall
criminal case, the prosecutor
sometimes comes to an agreement with the defendant under which the
pleads guilty for a lesser charge or one of many charges in exchange
concessions. Geraldine Castle-Trudel a
top criminal lawyers in Cornwall says “Plea Bargaining isn’t your worst
defendant may even accept the original
charge in exchange for a relatively lenient judgement. This is called
bargaining. Plea bargaining helps avoid going to trial. The defendant
beforehand, the charge levied against him and the sentence he will
Cornwall Crown Stopped
Charge: Crown wanted to designate client as a “Dangerous Offender”.
Result: Crown's Dangerous Offender Application successfully fought against in Cornwall.
6 things you need to know about Cornwall Criminal Lawyer Geraldine Castle –Trudel
1. You’re in good hands! Geraldine’s criminal defence team has help hundreds of people, just like you, who have been charged with a criminal offence. We know the toll it can take on your personal, family and professional life. We will help you get through it.
2. No cost consultation. Geraldine’s consultation is free. You can find out about your legal options at no cost to you.
3. We keep you informed. Not knowing is worst thing. Knowing what is going on is important. We know this and will keep you informed and Up to date and what’s going on with your case.
4. Fair Rates. You get an uncompromising legal defence at reasonable rates.
5. Success in court. Our winning record speaks for itself.
6. It doesn’t matter if you are innocent or guilty. Our job is to make sure your legal rights are protected & you’re given a smart, aggressive defence no matter what your charges are. It doesn’t matter to us if you are innocent or guilty. Our Job is to defend individuals – not judge them! Everyone is welcome.
of Plea Bargaining
most obvious advantage to the defendant
is the lesser sentence, he knows what to expect and is mentally
face the charge.
prosecutors, like anywhere else,
are looking for ways to save the trouble and expense of a trial. He is
left free to try another case. If it is a first time offence, or if the
prosecutor feels that the act was committed in self defense, or if the
available is not enough to build a strong case, the prosecutor may
agree to a
plea bargain to avoid bad publicity or to save time and effort on a
otherwise may be quickly settled.
judges too, are willing to accept
plea bargains in cases where they feel the offence is minor or they
the prosecution’s case is not strong enough to secure a conviction. In
cases, it is unlikely that the offender will serve much jail time.
Criminal Lawyer Talks about what
you have to lose.
defendant, particularly if he is
innocent, stands to lose the most in a plea bargain.” He would be
agreeing to a
sentence for a crime which he may not have committed! This may happen
the defense attorney feels that they do not have a strong case and it
better to agree to a lesser sentence than go to trial and risk
judges and lawyers are of the opinion
that the option of plea bargaining leads to slip shod investigations
the investigators presuppose that a bargain will be reached and,
finding out what actually happened, simply present superficial evidence
effort to quickly close the case.
addition, many people feel that plea
bargaining robs the defendant of his constitutional right to fair
trial. If he
is pressurised or coerced into agreeing to the bargain, then this
seems valid. But if the defendant is aware of his rights and willingly
to plea bargain, then there is no violation of constitutional rights.
If you are looking for a great criminal lawyer in Cornwall, look no further. Criminal defence lawyer Gerry Castle-Trudel knows how to win! Call right now for a free legal consultation. Never plead guilty!
403-331 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON