Criminal Lawyer Kingston
guilty in a court of law without
first consulting a lawyer can cost you dearly. “You can plead guilty to
felony charge at any time” says Kingston
Criminal Lawyer Geraldine Castle-Trudel. “But once you enter
a guilty plea,
it becomes difficult to extricate yourself from the legal mess that
makes it nearly impossible to alter your mind later on.”
you are opting for a guilty plea, be
sure that it is the only viable option left
for you. But
if you believe you are innocent and are not involved in any wrongdoing,
should withstand the pressure for pleading guilty and reconsider the
6 things you need to know about Kingston Criminal Lawyer Geraldine Castle –Trudel
1. You’re in good hands! Geraldine’s criminal defence team has help hundreds of people, just like you, who have been charged with a criminal offence. We know the toll it can take on your personal, family and professional life. We will help you get through it.
2. No cost consultation. Geraldine’s consultation is free. You can find out about your legal options at no cost to you.
3. We keep you informed. Not knowing is worst thing. Knowing what is going on is important. We know this and will keep you informed and Up to date and what’s going on with your case.
4. Fair Rates. You get an uncompromising legal defence at reasonable rates.
5. Success in court. Our winning record speaks for itself.
6. It doesn’t matter if you are innocent or guilty. Our job is to make sure your legal rights are protected & you’re given a smart, aggressive defence no matter what your charges are. It doesn’t matter to us if you are innocent or guilty. Our Job is to defend individuals – not judge them! Everyone is welcome.
Why should you not plead guilty?
will always put pressure on you
to give in to their demands for an early guilty plea as it saves time,
and court hassles. But before submitting yourself to the promise of a
verdict/lower penalty, you should talk to a qualified and experienced
the Kingston Area and seek out his legal opinion. We can help you with
your Kingston prosecutors may uphold
a certain charge against you, it may be that you qualify for a lesser
which is more appropriate in your case. An example will help explain
might have been booked under a charge
of causing physical assault that resulted in actual bodily harm and the
is a maximum of 5 years’ jail time. But if you hire a defence attorney,
go through your case and point out to you that the more appropriate
you in this case is common assault which carries a punishment of 2
personnel and law enforcement
officials often misuse the laws of a country and book an accused
under felony charges that are more serious than appropriate.
cases like these, where you clearly
qualify for the alternative, milder charge, pleading guilty to your
blindly, without seeking expert legal opinion, can jeopardise your
social life, career prospects and family prestige.
accused individuals plead guilty to
crimes not committed by them to protect their family or loved ones or
they were unaware of the existence of an available defence to that
Others plead guilty to pacify the police in the form of a bargain.
of Pleading Guilty
pleading guilty to the crime charges
brought against you, you make it difficult to register complaints
enforcement officers who may have mistreated you during court
conviction will tarnish your police
record as it will remain there forever. If any prospective Kingston
bank or financial establishment conducts a background check to verify
criminal history, this conviction will show up and you will probably be
over for a more suitable candidate while applying for jobs or money
may not be able to travel overseas either.
pleading guilty in Kingston or anywhere
else for that matter, you also make it nearly impossible for appealing
conviction and pass up chances of acquittal. It is virtually impossible
layperson to know when he should plead guilty, whether pleading not
advisable or not, whether he qualifies for mitigation or should succumb
pressures of early plea.
403-331 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON